What is PressReader?
PressReader is a website and app that gives SFL cardholders access to 7,000 magazines and newspapers from all over the world on any internet connected device. With PressReader you will have unlimited access to publications as soon as they are available on the shelf and you will have access to back issues for up to 90 days. If you love an article (or a full publication) you can download it and keep it forever or share it on social media!
Unlike other digital copies of articles, PressReader makes it easy to zoom in on text and gives you options for how you can “flip through the pages”. PressReader has magazines and newspapers from many countries and in many languages, but they can be instantly translated into 19 languages and the articles can be read aloud to you!
What are some of the publications available through PressReader?
PressReader has thousands of publications that are from over 120 countries and in over 60 languages!
Some of their popular newspapers are – LA Times, The Guardian, China Daily, Bloomberg Businessweek, New York Daily News and Miami Herald.
Some popular magazines are – Elle, Rolling Stone, New York Mag, O – The Oprah Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Vogue, Bloomberg and GQ.
How do I create an account?
To create an account go to www.pressreader.com/
- As an SFL cardholder you already have an account, so select “Sign In”.
- On the Sign In page, select “Library Card or Group”
- On the Select Library page, type “Stonington Free Library”
- You will then need to enter your library card number and PIN
- Make sure that you enter your library card number with no spaces, dashes, or dots.
- If you do not know your library number or PIN, contact SFL and we will help you!
- Select “I agree to allowing PressReader to verify and exchange my registration with my public library”.
Now you can open any of the titles offered by SFL on PressReader!
Have more questions?
Here are some How-To videos provided by PressReader
Here are some Tips & Tricks provided by PressReader
For any other questions, you can contact library staff at 860-535-0658 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.