Come and use our computers and internet for free with or without a library card! Connect to our public WiFi, SFL Guest, throughout the building and in the surrounding park.
We have laptop computers for use in the library building. The adult computers are on the main level of the Library—simply request a laptop at the front desk for half an hour increments. If there’s no queue, continue your session.
TEENS (AGES 12-18)
Teens, find your computers in the Teen Room, located on the lower level of the library.
KIDS (AGES 12 & UNDER)
After COVID, we will have AWE computers, which are loaded with fun, interactive and educational activities in math, science, social studies, geography, reading, writing, art, and music among others. Find the children’s computers on the lower level of the library.
Connect to our public WiFi—SFL Guest— throughout the building and in the surrounding park.
Our hotspot lending program is a free service that allows cardholders to check out a mobile hotspot device and connect to the internet from almost anywhere! Frequently Asked Questions
We subscribe to several newspapers and keep a two week archive of issues. Come by the library to read the following:
- The Day
- New York Review of Books
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Sun
A public copier is located in the front lobby. Black and white copies cost .15¢ per page. Color copies cost .25¢ per page. If you need assistance we are always happy to help.
We offer local and long distance, outgoing and incoming faxing. International faxing is not available. Our fax machine is located behind the front desk and staff will assist in the faxing process.
Faxing fees –
- Local and Long Distance – $1 per page
- Incoming and Toll Free – .50¢ per page
Print from our devices or yours! See directions for printing wirelessly from your device below. Pick up and pay for printouts at the front desk. Need assistance? Visit us at the front desk.
Printing Cost: 25¢/page.
Children and Teens: Homework and school materials print free of charge.
To print wirelessly from your own device:
1. Connect to our WiFi – SFL Guest (no password)
2. Select HP Color Laser Jet as the printer
3. Pick up and pay for your printouts behind the front desk (.25¢ per page)
We offer scanning from our printer in the front lobby. Scanning to a USB, email and our public laptops is available. There is no charge for scanning services.
Together, the Stonington Free Library and the Stonington Historical Society’s Woolworth Library at the Palmer House, have a collection of materials on the history of Stonington. Some of these materials, including the Hale Collection of graveyard records, can be found at SFL. We can assist you in searching the greater collection or refer you to the Stonington Historical Society for further information (genealogical research, etc.).
The Mystic River Historical Society is pleased to announce that many of the Society’s archives can now be accessed directly online.
Please call museums ahead of time to verify when they are open.
Explore new exhibits or revisit favorites for free or reduced admission with museum passes from the Library! Passes can be checked out by cardholders for two days.
- Connecticut Old State House
- Free admission up to 2 adults and 2 children
- Connecticut State Parks and Museums
- Waives admission fees for Dinosaur State Park, Gillette Castle and Fort Trumbull.
- Custom House Maritime Museum
- 2 free passes
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center
- Free admission for up to 5 people
- Florence Griswold Museum
- Admits 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Please note there is a surcharge of $5 per person during the Wee Faerie Village event in the fall.
- Mystic Seaport
- 50% off admission for up to 2 adults and 3 children
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
- Free general admission for up to 2 adults, age 18 and up
- Always free for ages 17 and younger
The majority of the following FEMA Publications are also available within the Library:
- Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House, FEMA-347
- Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program, F-084
- Coastal Construction Manual, FEMA-P-55
- Elevated Residential Structures, FEMA-54
- Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards, FEMA P-85
- Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas, FEMA-257
- Protecting Building Utilities From Flood Damage, FEMA-P-348
- Protecting Floodplain Resources, FEMA-268
- Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding, FEMA 511
- Design Guidelines for Flood Damage Reduction, FEMA-P-15