WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
With work on our new addition almost finished, phase 2 of our building project, the interior renovation, begins on Monday, August 10th. For the next few months there will be a lot of activity inside the Library while we make the following enhancements:
- Now that SFL has two new spacious ADA-compliant restrooms, one on the main level and one on the lower level, the existing restroom and adjoining storage closet on the main level will be demolished. This opens up even more space in the middle room and creates additional wall space for shelving.
- With SFL’s new state-of-the-art elevator installed, the old wheelchair lift in the back stairwell will be removed. This more spacious stairwell with new flooring will be another access to the lower level.
- The small kitchenette, located next to the Assistant Director’s desk, will be demolished, creating critical workspace for SFL staff behind the circulation desk.
- On the lower level, the existing bathrooms will be demolished to make way for a new larger kitchenette for staff and events.
- The existing shelving and books will be safely stored as the above renovations, new carpeting, and a fresh coat of paint begin our transformation. New furniture and additional shelving will complete the refurbishment of the Library ensuring an adaptable, comfortable, functional, and safe environment for everyone.
Here’s what you need to know about how the interior renovation will affect you:
- We will continue to offer curbside pick-up and telephone support most days during the interior renovation.
- Beginning Monday, August 10th, the only collections available for curbside pick-up are new fiction and nonfiction, biographies, 800-900s nonfiction, and young adult books. All other collections will be stored offsite until early October when the interior renovation will be completed.
- Please check our website or social media regularly for updates. You can also call or email us. There will be future dates when curbside pick-up and telephone support are not available during the renovation.
- All books are to be returned via the book drop and all fines will be waived through October 15th.
- The digital library continues to be available all the time.