The staff of the Stonington Free Library is its greatest asset! Any available jobs at the Library are posted on this page. Applications, resumes or cover letters are accepted for open positions only.
Library Assistant – Part Time
The Stonington Free Library is growing and seeks an enthusiastic and tech-savvy team player with excellent customer service skills and a commitment to the importance of the library in the community. The current opening is a part-time position, one to two weekend shifts per month from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Hourly rate is $15.00. Benefits include sick, holiday and vacation days.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of excellent customer service to all ages
- Assist patrons in person, by email and over the phone
- Introduce patrons to all library services, collections and technology
- Provide reference services and reader’s advisory
- Issue library cards
- Check materials in and out
- Help manage holds, overdue items and interlibrary loan requests and returns
- Provide copying, printing, faxing and other technology assistance
Successful candidates must be team players with strong technology skills, positive attitudes, enjoy working with the public, self-motivated, reliable, flexible and able to multi-task. High school diploma and technology skills required. Prior library experience, college degree and familiarity with library technology are a plus.
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com by September 12, 2021.
You can help the Library by volunteering! Our volunteers play an essential role in supporting library programs and services. Check out our Volunteer page for more information.