SUMMER READING FOR ALL AGES
Our Summer Reading Program 2022 is here! The program will run June 20 - August 5.
YOUTH SUMMER READING:
We are pleased to announce that our summer reading program has made the transition to a fully digital program using Beanstack. The new process allows you to track reading online - earning badges, camp bucks and basket raffle tickets. Basket raffle tickets are now virtual, eliminating the need to write names and phone numbers on each ticket.
Online registration begins June 20 at stoningtonfreelibrary.beanstack.com and you can begin logging your reading once you are registered. Our Store opens on June 27. Registration is ongoing and the last day to complete reading, shop at the store, and earn basket raffle tickets is Friday, August 5 at 5 PM. Be sure to download the app on your mobile device to make logging a breeze. Please use the same account you may already have to avoid duplication of accounts.
ADULT SUMMER READING:
Log your Library Challenge activities by downloading the Beanstack Tracker app on your mobile device, and/or at stoningtonfreelibrary.beanstack.com by August 5th to be entered into the raffle drawing.
YOUTH SUMMER READING 2022
We are excited to bring Summer Reading back to the library this year!
Check out our calendar of fun events for our Youth Summer Reading Program.
We continue to have three levels of reading programs for children and teens:
- Littles is for children birth - age 5
- Middles for those entering first through fifth grades
- Bigs for students entering grade six and older.
- June 20: Registration Opens
- June 27: Store Opens
- August 5: Last day to read and visit the store.
How to Register
- You can register your entire family in one account by going to stoningtonfreelibrary.beanstack.com
- You can download the app on your mobile device to make logging a breeze (you can log each person's time at once).
How it Works
- We have eliminated all paper raffle tickets – no more having to write names and phone numbers! All raffles have photos on the Beanstack site and you just choose where you want to place your chance. We have also made the Middles and Bigs a 20 minute goal to earn a Camp Buck. Additionally, they will also automatically get a raffle entry at every 40 minute increment. Middles and Bigs will earn both Camp Bucks to spend in the store and raffle tickets until they read 30 hours. At that time, all reading time will earn raffle tickets up to 90 hours. That will conclude the program for them. Remember to log reading time online, as that will determine how many Camp Bucks earned when you come into the library. There will not be a limit on Mystery Bags this year, as long as supplies last.
- Littles will log books read online – every 5 books wins a raffle ticket and after 30 books, they will earn a completion prize. Additionally, Littles can complete 5 activity badges that earn an additional 5 raffle tickets. Their raffle prizes are pictured online. Super easy to log books for Littles – just scan the barcode on the back cover as you finish the book.
- Registration is online beginning on June 20th. The Library is closed that day to observe Juneteenth, but that is the beauty of an online program – you can register from home at stoningtonfreelibrary.beanstack.com
- We will have some fun programs this summer and our calendar is also here, along with Parent Letters for our programs – Littles and Middles/Bigs. And to start the month off, we have a Grab & Go Fire Breathing Dragon for ages 3 – 8 to pick up June 6, while supplies last.
Can’t wait to see you,
Maris Frey and Cathy Taylor
ADULT SUMMER READING 2022
June 20-August 5, 2022
Adults age 18 and up can join our Adult Summer Library Challenge and enter to win great prizes!
Beanstack makes it easy to participate using a smartphone or computer.
How to win prizes:
Register at stoningtonfreelibrary.
Log your Library Challenge reading/activities by downloading the Beanstack Tracker app on your mobile device, and/or at stoningtonfreelibrary.beanstack.com
You will automatically be entered in the raffle as you complete the items on the list
Each book or activity you complete = 1 raffle ticket
Enjoy the challenge!
Questions? Email stonlib@