We are so proud to partner with the Stonington Community Center (COMO) to host the much loved BOOK SALE at the Village Fair. The Stonington Village Fair is a regional time-honored tradition drawing thousands annually. The first Village Fair was held on August 14th, 1952 to commemorate the 1814 Battle of Stonington. With the assistance of more than 100 volunteers, this popular community event brings together locals and tourists alike, for a fun-filled day of games, music, food and crafts.
We are happy to announce that the Annual Stonington Village Fair on Wadawanuck Square is scheduled this year for August 7. The last Village Fair took place in 2019 when SFL assumed responsibility for operating the very popular Annual Book Sale.
We need volunteers and books! Here are some guidelines as you sort through your books and set aside the ones we will gratefully accept as donations. We know we can count on you to help make this year’s Book Sale a success. Thank you!
We would love:
Books in Excellent or Very Good Condition
- Intact books (no missing or torn pages or covers)
- Clean books (no water or food stains, no bugs)
- Odor-free books (no mold, mildew, or smoke)
Books of Special Interest to Book Sale Shoppers
- Recent fiction, history, and biographies
- Local history books
- Children’s books
- Coffee table and art books
- Books by local authors and rare books
Items we are not able to accept
- Travel books older than 2010
- Medical, reference, and text books
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Religious books
- Magazines, DVDs, records, and CDs